Saturday, February 23, 2019

"Mark of the Raven" Book Review




Let me start of by being very clear - this is book 1 of a series! Don't think you're going to get to the end and feel satisfied because the end of the book is definitely not the end of the story. 

And what a story it is! I'm excited to see what author Morgan L. Busse has in store for the rest of The Ravenwood Saga because her imagination is in full bloom. 

If I had to make one critical comment on the book (and this is me being picky) I'd say that there was too much time spent on the contemplation by the characters.  Parts of the plot seemed to stall a little as they circled back to inner turmoils previously discussed. Having said that, "Mark of the Raven" was written in such a way that it was easy to envision the settings and pulled emotions from me towards the characters.  I always think a character is well written when I either care about them or despise them. 

If you pick up "Mark of the Raven", be prepared to be drawn into a fantastical world of gifts, intrigue and adventure.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


No comments:

Post a Comment