Sunday, March 5, 2017

"Justice Delayed" Book Review




Patricia Bradley I applaud you. "Justice Delayed" was fantastic. Like most people, I'm addicted to my phone. I'd rather scroll through Facebook than watch a movie but this mystery novel managed to get me to put my phone down and leave it down. That, my friend, is a mini miracle.

Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic but it find a mystery novel that has a nice blend of romance and intrigue is lovely. Throw in action sans gratuitous violence, and you've got yourself a winner. Admittedly, I kind of saw the ending coming but there was still enough of an "Aha!" moment that I was satisfied.

My one tiny complaint about the book (complaint is too strong a word) is that the men around the main character, a woman, always feel the need to come to her rescue and to treat her like a child. Granted, our heroine does dive head first into danger repeatedly but it made the book feel a little too much like so many romance novels where the knight in shining armor comes to the rescue of the helpless fair maiden.  Can they not ever be equal partners?  Oh well, I like fairy tales. And again, to call it a complaint is too strong a word.

"Justice Delayed" is a faith based novel but the author did a great job of weaving it in so that it didn't come off sounding like you were reading a sermon. Just a touch here and a dab there.  I happily gave this novel to my teen daughter to read because I know it will entertain her and there's nothing that was too mature or possibly disturbing. Plus, the small mentions of God brought out the message that He is good - even when life is bad.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment