Sunday, March 5, 2017

"Words of Grace" Book Review

I love the concept of this book!  A devotional with an adult coloring page for day. Brilliant. When I was a child, I loved to color but I have yet to get on the adult coloring bandwagon solely because I think I would find it stressful. The perfectionist in me wouldn't be able to handle it. However, those who like it, LOVE it and this little book would make a perfect gift for them.

"Words of Grace" is a 30 day devotional. Each day has one page of reading and then one page to color. Here's a shot of day 7.

I love how the illustrator, Dee Arrand, incorporated a verse into each coloring page. The idea is that you meditate on the verse and the encouragement you just read while you color. The readings are to encourage you and remind you of how much God loves you. They aren't heavy. No Greek or theological debating here. If that's your cup of tea then this book isn't for you. But if you are intent on simply enjoying your Savior's presence with pencil crayon in hand, then I can think of no better book than "Words of Grace" by Jacqui Grace.  It is sure to delight many.  My sister's birthday is tomorrow. She loves adult coloring and God. (Not in that order) I'm excited to give her this book.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."


No comments:

Post a Comment