Thursday, February 2, 2017

"Conspiracy Of Silence" Book Review


It says "Conspiracy of Silence" by Ronie Kendig is book 1 of "The Tox Files" series. In truth there is a 0.5 prequel novella. I'm guessing that should have been called book 1. At least I'm assuming. Hoping. Because as I was reading, I kept checking the cover to see if it was in fact book 1. The author wrote as though I knew story background that I didn't. It made it hard to keep the characters and plot straight.

I also felt lost during the battle scenes. Maybe I'm just not a huge military enthusiast but as soon as our hero's band of fightin' men entered a foray, I could no longer form a picture in my mind of the action. Seeing as how this is a military based novel with numerous conflicts, it happened frequently.

My favorite part was how the author based the story on an event from the Bible. Unfortunately the way it's portrayed isn't exactly accurate.  However it does set the imagination swirling.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment