Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"Risen" Book Review


To you, my dear author, Angela Hunt, I would like to raise a glass!  You hit it out of the park on this one.  "Risen" was amazing. Your ability to intertwine fictional story telling with history is incredible. Can I just say, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite writers.

I loved everything about this book. The characters were people I couldn't help but root for and there was just the right amount of scenery detail given. Too little and you can't visualize it; too much and it quickly turns painful. Angela Hunt nailed it. The plot moved along at a great pace and never left you in the dark about who was whom.

I loved how the author pulled parts of Scripture into the discourse of the book. It was skillfully done and made me smile. Plus, the whole concept for "Risen" is genius. To think to write a story as though told by the tribune trying to find Jesus' body is brilliant. More than once I found myself pondering what it really would have been like for those involved - the soldiers at the tomb, the priests, those who saw Jesus.

What more can I say? Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc


No comments:

Post a Comment