Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"Beyond the Silence" Book Review



The perfect romance, in my not so humble opinion, is a novel with an interesting plot which happens to have romance in it. And since "Beyond the Silence" has that, I'd say it's a perfect romance. Nothing drives me battier than when the two main characters can't stand each other until they kiss and then everything is right as rain. Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse, I thank you for not torturing us with that specific form of drivel. Thank you for writing a book that highlights what true love looks like - putting the needs of another in front of yourself.

I also appreciated that the main female character was someone who did what she felt God was calling her to do without seeming spineless or too perfect. (Can you tell I'm always on the look out for books for my teen daughter to read?) It's nice to read a book where the main female is flawed and yet manages to keep putting one foot in front of the other. And it wasn't just the main female character who is loveable, or hate-able. All of the characters were well written.

I completely recommend "Beyond the Silence" to anyone interested in Christian Romance. It was easy to read. While, admittedly, the ending was obvious, it was enjoyable through and through.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment