Thursday, September 24, 2015

"90 Minutes in Heaven" MOVIE Review


A few nights ago, my husband and I saw "90 Minutes in Heaven" which is based on the bestseller book by the same name. I had read the book before seeing the movie and loved it. Therefore, I was pretty sure I could only be disappointed by the movie. Click here for my review on the book

Because I set my hopes so low, I wasn't disappointed by what I saw but neither was  I thrilled. The message of the movie is powerful but the acting is stiff and the special effects/makeup made me cringe.  In real life, the main character's leg was missing 4 inches of bone. He was mangled! But, in the movie, the body is intact with some fake blood poured on it. I know that CGI effects are very expensive so I can't be too hard on the movie; they had to stay within their budget.

Maybe I'm just overly animated but considering how highly emotional this story is, could the actors not show some?

I did cry at one point but it was because I envisioned how I would feel if my husband and I met the same fate. And truthfully, my emotions were, I think, more based on what I remember being written in the book than what was on the screen.

It "90 Minutes in Heaven" a terrible movie? No. But if you are going to choose between movie or book? There's no question about it - read the book.

Thanks to Graf-Martin Communications Inc. for the free passes to watch this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment