Monday, July 11, 2016

"No Other Will Do" Book Review


I've been sitting here at my desk for a few minutes not knowing what to type. Did I enjoy "No Other Will Do"? Yes. Did it leave a great impression on me? Apparently not. I enjoyed reading it well enough but I only finished it because I hurt my neck meaning I couldn't do much else.

Karen Witemeyer tells of a group of women who for one reason or another feel the need to live in a women only colony where men are not allowed. Even in real life, I'm sure there are many women who would love to be able to find safety in a place like that. However, I suppose I didn't love this book in part because I hate male bashing. And while the women in this story as in real life, often need rescuing from the hands of men, I didn't enjoy the continual "Who needs a man?" thread that continues throughout the pages.

Of course, this is a romance so there has to be a fella to save the day. And there has to be a villain. And where there's a villain, there's usually violence. Given "No Other Will Do" is most definitely to be placed in the romance genre, I was surprised by the amount of violence in it.
However, I can happily say that I didn't guess who the villain was until it was exposed - always a bonus.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment